lunes, 8 de octubre de 2018

BLOG 2: WHY DID I CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME/CAREER?



Hello there, this week i'll write about why i choose this career.

Well, when i was a boy i had a lot of options about what i wanted when i grew up. I'll tell you a few options: Painter, firefighter, poet, a famous rockstar etc. always when someone asked  me "what do you want to do when you grow up" i had a different answer.


In the high school that question turned to What do you want to study when you get out to the high school, an uncomfortable question. I didn't really want to study something and nothing exited me. The time passed and in the last year of high school i had to take a choice. In my mind i had the option to study History, psychology or philosophy. My history teacher told me "Nico, please don't study History" and that sounded really convincing. So i had to choose between psychology and philosophy. Finally i chose Philosophy but i left the career the second year.


After thinking what i want for my life and search a lot of options I chose study Anthropology because i don't know jaja I only knew it, something like an intuition. Later,  i knew the career of Anthropology in the University of Chile had the option to study Archaeology and that sounded awesome to me.


My experience in this career has been great, I have learnt a lot, I found a great group of friends and i believe studying anthropology is good decision.


When i graduate  i would like to work doing Archaeology of recent past, for example in ex "centros de detención, tortura y exterminio" of the dictatorship or work doing Etno-Archaeology in the V region of Chile.


   

5 comentarios:

  1. The Archeology is very interesting.
    Good luck in the career. Regards!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I also have many options before i decided to study social work, regards !

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It is difficult to choose when nothing is your passion. I hope it's a good decision!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Philosophy sound interesting it's a bad career? greetings!

    ResponderEliminar